Report a Concern

The University of Memphis is committed to providing a positive environment of work, study, and leisure/recreation for our students, faculty, and staff. Unfortunately, at times complaints or concerns from students may arise in the daily operations of campus.

Concerns or complaints about any function of the university are ordinarily handled through the normal administrative chain. Students can take the following steps to file a formal complaint:

  • Write a letter to the dean or director responsible for the area of complaint.  Include in the letter an overview of the problem and the resolution requested.
  • Submit the form here.
  • If you are unsure of where to address a specific complaint, contact the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at the Law School, Dean Aden, or the University of Memphis Dean of Students Office.You may report a general concern about the University of Memphis .


You may report a Title IX or Sexual Misconduct complaint here.

You may report a student conduct complaint here.