Academic Advising Worksheets
Use the relevant Fall 2022 Academic Advising Worksheets to plan your courses.
Rising 3L Academic Advising Worksheets
- Rising Full-Time 3L Academic Advising Worksheet (Old Curriculum)
- Rising Part-Time 3L Academic Advising Worksheet (New Curriculum)
Rising 2L Academic Advising Worksheet
Additional Advising Resources
Below are links to some additional resources that may be helpful as you are considering what classes to take.
- Academic Regulations (especially Regulations 5, 6, 10, and 16)
- Advanced Writing and Experiential Learning Requirements
- Bar-Tested Courses
- Career Pathways
- Conflict Exam Request Form
- Course Catalog
- Curriculum Overview
- Electives and Specialized Areas of Study
- Graduation Requirements & Graduation Checklists
- Joint/Dual Degree Information
- Law Certificate Information
- Registration & Course Information (including the Course Grid/List, Exam Schedule, and Registration Memo)
- UM Degree
Academic Advising PowerPoint Presentations
A summary of information students should know in selecting courses can be found in the PowerPoints from the Fall 2022 advising presentations for Rising 2Ls and 3Ls.
Rising 3L Academic Advising PowerPoint Presentations
- Fall 2022 Academic Advising Workshop PowerPoint for all Full-Time Rising 3Ls
- Fall 2022 Academic Advising Workshop PowerPoint for Part-Time Rising 3Ls
Rising 2L Academic Advising PowerPoint Presentations
- Fall 2022 Academic Advising Workshop PowerPoint for Full-Time Rising 2Ls
- Fall 2022 Academic Advising Workshop PowerPoint for Part-Time Rising 2Ls
1L Advising Meetings
All 1Ls will be assigned to work with an academic advisor.
Upper-Level Advising Meetings
If you are pursuing a certificate in Advocacy, Business, Health, or Tax Law, ask to meet with the Certificate Director make sure you are on track for the certificate. If you are pursuing the Health Law Certificate, you can reach out to Professor Nicole Tuchinda for advising while Professor Katy Ramsey Mason is out on maternity leave.
Students should also consider seeking academic advising from faculty who teach, write, or have practiced in areas of law of interest to you.
You may also reach out to the professor who advised you during your 1L year.
Dean Aden and Dean Wilson are also available for individual advising for students who want to discuss their course selections or have other questions.