Resources for Current Students

The following resources are tailored to our MBA students: 

  1. New Student Guide: get started as an MBA student.
  2. Course Completion Checklists: track your progress towards degree completion.
  3. Graduation Instructions: must read if you plan to graduate soon.
  4. Step-by-step Candidacy Form Instructions: needed to apply for graduation. 

Also, we have grouped other resources in the UofM website by topic:

  1. Academic Resources: registrar's calendar, add/drop calendar, forms, internships, etc.
  2. Campus Resources: campus map, parking, student ID, campus gym, etc.
  3. Financial Resources: deadlines for tuition payments, financial aid office, etc.
  4. Student Services: health center, disability resources, veteran services, international student services, etc. 

New Student Guide

If you are a new student, you may find it helpful to bookmark this webpage: it contains links that you will use throughout your time as a UofM student.

Getting Started

To get started, you will need to get set up with a University of Memphis account and password, and submit documentation required by Tennessee law.

  1. Initialize your University of Memphis account: the Office of Graduate Admissions will send you a 20-digit verification code via email or traditional mail. You will need to provide this code to initialize your account.
  2. Submit your EVEA documentation: the Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) requires students to provide proof of their legal presence.

UofM Email

All communication should be conducted through your memphis.edu email. Be sure to check your UofM email regularly.

Academic Regulations

As a UofM graduate student, you are expected to be familiar with the following documents:

Choosing your Courses

Other than coursework at the UofM, the following may be counted towards your degree:

If you are an international student on an F-1 visa, you will need to satisfy certain enrollment requirements per US Federal regulations. 

Registering for Courses

Getting Started with your Courses

  • Courses can be dropped after classes start, but that is subject to deadlines: 
  • If you are an international student on an F-1 visa, you will need to satisfy certain enrollment requirements per US Federal regulations, and may not be able to drop courses. 

On-Campus Students

Obtain a University ID card: this card is needed to access the library, health center, recreation center, sporting events, etc. Read more about the University ID card here.

Parking Permits: all enrolled students will receive a General Permit parking pass in the mail. Visit the Parking Services website for more information.

  • If you have not received a parking permit prior to the beginning of classes, contact Parking Services, located in Zach Curlin Parking Garage (PG2), phone number (901) 678-2212. 
  • If you would like to upgrade your permit to a garage or parking lot near the Fogelman College building, you can upgrade your parking pass online.

Immunization Requirements: the state of Tennessee requires students to meet certain immunization requirements and health standards. Read more about immunization and health requirements.

Online-Only Students

The following options are available to students who only take classes online.

Immunization Exemption Request: full-time online students may request to be exempted from immunization requirements.

Enroll in UM Global: students who complete 100% of their degree online may enroll in UM Global to access to lower tuition costs. Visit our Tuition and Fees page for more information.

Student Support

Free tutoring laboratories are available to help you meet your educational goals. Both on-campus and online tutoring is available.

International Student Services Office (ISS):
This page contains all the information you need to know as an international student during your course of study in the US. 

Center for Professional Career Development (CPCD):
The CPCD is housed in the Fogelman College of Business and Economics, and offers resources for career growth such as internship opportunities, resume building and career training resources, and networking opportunities. 

Disability Resources for Students (DRS):
The DRS office arranges, coordinates and provides academic accommodations and support services for qualified students with disabilities. 


Go back to top of page.

Course Completion Checklists

Use the following checklists to track your progress towards completing your degree:

MBA (36 credit hours)

MBA with concentration (42 credit hours)



MHA/MBA (please contact your MBA advisor)

Use these checklists to complete your candidacy form before you graduate. Access the step-by-step guide to complete your candidacy form here.

Go back to top of page.


Academic Resources

Registrar's Calendars: in this page you will find:

  • Academic Year (AY) Calendars
  • Semester Dates & Deadlines Calendars

University & Students Business Services (USBS) Calendar (payment information) 

Graduate School Calendar (deadline to apply for graduation)

Graduate School Forms 

Graduate School Resources (links to various student resources)

Professional Development Center (internships and career opportunities)


Go back to top of page.


Campus Resources

Campus map

Student ID


Campus and Recreation Intramural Services

UofM Dining


Go back to top of page.


Financial Resources

Tuition payments and deadlines (USBS Calendar)

University of Memphis Tuition Calculator

FCBE Scholarships

Scholarships for International Students

Financial Aid Office

TigerLink (access opportunities for employment on campus)


Go back to top of page.


Student Services

Tutoring (on campus and online)

Center for Professional Career Development (internships and career opportunities)

Disability Resources for Students

International Student Services 

Veterans Services

Student Health Center

University & Student Business Services


Go back to top of page.