Scheduling Reference Guide
The Schedule Proof allows you to view the course offerings information that will appear in the online Look Up Classes for your department. Use this Reference Guide to review the following information for each offering to ensure that it is accurate.
Part of Term
- Make sure the Part of Term is correct.
Course Section Offerings
- Check to see that all sections that you intend to teach have been loaded.
- If you intend to offer a special topic, it must be approved by Academic Affairs before you can enter it.
- Verify that the credit hour figure or range is correct.
- Make sure that the correct section numbers have been used; these are listed in the table below. Unless otherwise noted, the section "number" listed represents the beginning of a range.
- R50 section numbers are used exclusively by TN eCampus (formerly RODP). Do not make any changes to an R50 section.
|FALL||SPR||1 SUM||2 SUM||Full
|FALL||SPR||1 SUM||2 SUM||Full
*Limited to Web or Video modes of Instruction.
#This is not the beginning number of a range; all Foreign sections will have this same section number.
- Verify that the instructional method is correct. Refer to the following table:
Code Description ATP Audio Tape BRD Public Broadcast CIM Computer Based Interactive Media CLN Clinicals CON Conventional Methodology DIS Dissertation DVC Desktop Video Conferencing EML HYB Hybrid IND Independent Study NCM Other Non-Conventional Media OWY One-Way Video and Audio PRA Student Teaching / Field Supervision / Co-op RCE ROCE-WEB Asynchronous RD1 ROCE-WEB Asynchronous UG RD2 ROCE-WEB Asynchronous GR RD3 ROCE-WEB Asynchronous DSP SLF Self-instructional Media THS Thesis TWA One-Way Video, Two-Way Audio TWY Two-Way Video and Audio VDC Video Disc VTP Video Tape WEB WEB (Asynchronous)
- Verify the accuracy of the grade mode assigned to the course:
A Audit B Credit/No Credit D Remedial/Development E E / S / U / IP G Thesis / Dissertation I S / U / I K S / U / IP N No Credit O Regents S Standard Letter, A-F U Standard Letter with IP W Standard Letter with T
Days and Times
- Check the accuracy of the meeting days and times (including AM/PM).
- Days and times should conform to standard meeting times. If not, you must submit a Non-Standard Course Offering form (exception: a class offered in non-conventional mode of instruction such as Studio).
- Make sure that any courses meeting at non-standard times meet minimum contact minute requirements. Each credit hour requires a minimum of 750 contact minutes. Thus, a 3-hour course should require a minimum of 2250 contact minutes.
- Verify that each of your courses has the correct site code.
Note: Main campus courses should have a site code of 11M.
- If you have assigned a building and room, please verify that these are correct.
- Refer to Information Technology's SMART Classroom Listing if necessary.
- Verify that the correct feature codes, if any, have been assigned.
- Verify that the correct instructor(s), if any, have been assigned.
- Determine if the number in the max seats field is based on actual demand. Placement in your 1st priority partition (bldg/room) may be affected by this, as room assignments are made based on number of seats (max enrollment).
- Verify that cross-listed courses show as cross-listed and that the Day, Time, Building, Room, and Instructor(s) information matches.
- Verify that all special information notes for a section are listed on the proof.