Learn About the Admissions Process

Learn how to apply for admission to the UofM.

Schedule a Visit

Tours offered weekdays at 9:30 am & 1:30 pm.

True Blue Tiger

We want YOU to be a Tiger.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Apply for assistance and academic scholarships.

Undergraduate Applications

Spring Deadline: Dec 15

Get an early start on your application.

Graduate Applications

Step Up: Start a Masters or PhD today.

Law Applications

Fall 2016 Deadline: Mar 16

Experience Memphis Law.

International Applications

Spring Deadline: Dec 15

Receive a world-class education.

"Continue to positively impact American education so every student recieves optimal teaching and learning, every day."

Photo of Laura Jane Link


Register for classes or edit your schedule.

Student Services

Experience college life beyond the classroom.

Student Organizations

Get engaged. Get involved. Experience more.

Majors and Minors

Find your calling with over 50 degree programs.

Course Schedule

View class offerings for the current and upcoming terms.

Academic Calendars

Mark your calendar for start days, breaks and final exams.

Academic Support Services

Improve your academic success.

Lambuth Campus

Advancing the University's mission in West Tennessee.

"Continue to positively impact American education so every student recieves optimal teaching and learning, every day."

Photo of Laura Jane Link

eNews and Signup

Stay up-to-date with the UofM.

Parent and Family Events

Join us for events held just for you!


Have a question? We have answers!

Connect With Us

We are here to help you help your student.

Scholarships & Financial Aid

We can help your student attend the UofM.

Student Services

Resources to help your student succeed.

Campus Card

Add money to your student's card for books and food.

Give to UofM

Your gift to the Parent Fund makes the UofM a better place.

"Continue to positively impact American education so every student recieves optimal teaching and learning, every day."

Photo of Laura Jane Link

Join Now

Be True Blue and join the Alumni Association.

Update Your Information

Receive University updates and the Memphis magazine.

Clubs and Chapters

Get involved and stay connected to the UofM.

Make a Gift

Your contribution can make a difference.

Lambuth Chapter

Lambuth Graduates: Reconnect with fellow alumni.

Upcoming Events

Mark your calendar for these upcoming events.

Photo Gallery

View annual collections of the Alumni Association Photo Gallery.


Stay up-to-date with Memphis Matters.

"Most proud of my accomplishment of graduating with a degree in accounting in three years with Summa Cum Laude and Honors."

Photo of Rachel Prince

Veterans Resource Center

Supporting the transition from military life to civilian life.

Veterans Benefits and Certifications

Learn about Veterans Educational Benefits and Certifications.

Get Credits Toward your Degree

Receive college credit for military experience, skills, and training.

Online Degree Programs

Top provider of more than 50 online degree programs.

Degree or Enrollment Verification

Do you need proof that you are enrolled at the University of Memphis or that you have earned a degree from the University of Memphis? Read the following to find out what your options are.

Enrollment Verification

You have two basic options: (1) you can refer the organization (employer, legal association, medical association, insurance company, etc.) that needs the enrollment verification to the National Student Clearinghouse, or (2) you can request the verification yourself from the Clearinghouse.

Referring Organizations to the Clearinghouse

Organizations may obtain this information from the Clearinghouse in the following ways:

Table 1: Referring Organizations to the Clearinghouse
Web:   www.studentclearinghouse.org
Information is available from this site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mail:   The National Student Clearinghouse
2191 Fox Mill Road, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171-3242
Email:   service@studentclearinghouse.org
Phone:   703.742.4200
FAX:   703.742.4239


Requesting the Verification Yourself

You can use the Clearinghouse's Student Self-Service Site to print your information. However, you may use this approach only if you attended the University in the Spring 2001 term or later. If you attended UofM prior to January 2001, or if you are not enrolled at least half-time and considered half-time by your academic program (e.g., non-credit internship or dissertation), you will have to request the information in another manner (see below).

Using the Clearinghouse's Self-Service Site for Enrollment Verification

Go to the University of Memphis' Clearinghouse Login page.

This page opens in a new browser window. You will be asked to supply two pieces of information: your UofM Username (aka, UUID or Universal User ID) and your Password. (These are the same pieces of information you use to login to the portal or to login to iAM to "manage your digital identity" at the University.)

Now click the "Login" button. If you meet the above criteria and have entered your information correctly, you will be identified to the Clearinghouse as a valid UofM student. A new browser window opens--the Clearinghouse Self-Service page with your information.

Once you reach the Self-Service page, you may perform any of the following--free of charge:

  • Print a certificate of enrollment that you can forward to any organization requiring proof of your enrollment.
  • View enrollment information that may have been provided to a student services provider.
  • View the electronic notifications and deferment forms that have been sent to any lenders, service providers, or guarantors.
  • View a list of your lenders and link to real-time student loan information detail, such as outstanding principal balance and the next payment due-date that some lenders provide.

When you are finished viewing/printing your information, close the browser window with your information.

What happened? I got an error message.
You will receive this message if your login was unsuccessful:

You used an incorrect UUID or Password. If you are unsure of this login information, call the IT Helpdesk at 678.8888.

This can mean one of two things: either (1) you are not eligible to use the web method because you last attended the University before January 2001, or (2) you did not enter your Username and Password correctly.

The Information Technology Helpdesk can give you information on determining, activating, or reestablishing your User Name/Password information as needed.

Other Ways of Requesting Enrollment Verification Yourself

If you are unable to use the web to obtain your verification information, try requesting the information through one of these means:

Table 2: Requesting Information Yourself
Web:   Use Student Self Service; follow these instructions.
In Person:   Go to 003 Wilder Tower and complete a Verification Request form.
Email:   Send a request to the Registrar with the information listed below.
Phone:   901.678.2810
FAX:   901.678.1425

In any request, be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Type of Request: Degree Verification or Enrollment Verification
  • Your Name
  • Your U-Number (or the last 4 digits of your SSN)
  • The name and mailing address, or FAX number, of the organization to receive the verification
  • Your graduation date (for Degree Verification) or your anticipated graduation date (for Enrollment Verification), if the organization requires this

If you are not enrolled at least half-time (6 hours undergraduate or 4.5 hours graduate), please indicate on your request the special circumstances that would qualify you to be considered half-time (e.g., internship).

Note: If the Enrollment Verification is for an insurance company, you may request it before the first day of classes. However, if the Enrollment Verification is for a loan company, you may not request it until classes have started.

Please allow 48 business hours for your verification to be processed and sent.

Degree Verification

If an institution or organization needs a Degree Verification for you, refer that entity to the National Student Clearinghouse (see Table 1 above). Organizations may request Degree Verifications from the Clearinghouse; students may not.