Driven by Excellence
The College of Education at the University of Memphis is Driven by Excellence! We strive for excellence and transform innovation into action as we lead, teach, research, and serve. We train teachers, educational leaders, counselors, and researchers who will impact Memphis, the Mid-South, and the world.
Why choose the COE?
- The College of Education is the founding college at the University of Memphis, which means we started it all! The UofM was founded in 1912 as West Tennessee State Normal School, a teaching college.
- With two laboratory schools housed on the UofM campus, our students are able to research, teach, and observe without leaving campus. Only 100 universities nationwide share this distinction.
- We are committed to training teacher activists. The River City Partnerships is a brand new initiative that trains home-grown Memphis students to teach in our local schools.
- We also welcome students from all over the world. Our large assortment of online and low-residency programs allow our students to study wherever they are.
- Our dedicated and dynamic faculty and staff are committed to helping you excel throughout your education and as you enter your career.
The College of Education offers Teaching Certification and so much more. Learn about
the programs offered by visiting the websites for our departments:
Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research (CEPR)
Instruction and Curriculum Leadership (ICL)
Not only do we have three academic departments offering multiple graduate and undergraduate degrees, we also house three research centers and two laboratory schools. Click the links below to learn more about our research centers and laboratory schools.