BBA in Accountancy Degree Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of financial and managerial accounting concepts.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in financial reporting.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in managerial accounting.
Goal 2: Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of systems and auditing concepts
- Understand and process the major accounting-related information inputs and outputs
various organizations while using appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in attesting to the fairness of financial
representations and the adequacy of internal controls.
Goal 3: Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of U.S. tax laws and regulations related to financial reporting.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in applying U.S. Tax Law for compliance
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in applying U.S. financial regulations
investments and banking law (e.g., SEC compliance).
Goal 4: Graduates will be proficient users of business presentation and analysis technology.
- Objective 1: Demonstrate analytical skills and technological expertise while developing and presenting business information.
- Objective 2: Utilize internet technology to perform queries and searches to locate relevant and accurate information.
- Objective 3: Use computer software tools to organize data for analysis to solve business problems.
Goal 5: Graduates will be knowledgeable about the global business environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of the economic, social and cultural environments within which international businesses operate.
- Demonstrate awareness of the political and technological environments within which international businesses operate.
- Demonstrate awareness of the legal, institutional and financial types of international transactions that are components of global business operations.
Goal 6: Graduates will be knowledgeable about ethical factors in the business environment
- Identify a dilemma relating to a potentially unethical behavior.
- Formulate stakeholders that are affected by a potentially unethical behavior.
- Analyze alternatives and identify consequences that result from unethical behavior.
Goal 7: Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Present, assess, and analyze appropriate supporting data/evidence relating to the problem or issue.
- Identify and assess conclusions, implications, and consequences that support decision making.
- Identify the problem and then formulate a summary.
Goal 8: Graduates will be effective communicators.
- Develop a clear and concise topic statement of the issues to be addressed.
- Explain the approach taken to evaluate an issue relating to a business topic.
- Summarize the results of the analysis of an issue in a clear set of conclusions.
- Present the topic in a professional manner.
(page updated 3/5/2018)