BBA in Accountancy Degree: Highlights & Summary Information
The Fogelman College offers a Bachelors of Business Administration Degree with a Major in Accounting. The BBA in Accounting is a distinct degree within the Fogelman College and must be assessed independently within our overall AoL framework.
Fogelman Accounting graduates have opportunities to achieve professional certifications including: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA), or Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM). All these designations require candidates to pass challenging exams, fulfill professional ethics requirements, and participate in continuing education programs every year.
While the Learning Goals for the BBA in Accounting share a number of outcomes with our standard BBA degree, to ensure our graduates possess a mastery of the unique knowledge and skills to work in the accounting field, the following accounting-specific learning outcomes are included in the BBA in Accounting assurance-of-learning model:
- Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of financial and managerial accounting concepts.
- Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of systems and auditing concepts.
- Graduates will demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of U.S. tax laws and regulations related to financial reporting.
2016-17 Assessment & CTL Cycle
The college conducted and completed a full assessment & CTL cycle for the BBA degree over an 16-month period beginning in Fall 2016 and ending in December of 2017. (The most-recent prior assessment of the BBA degree was completed in 2013.) Data was collected in the Fall of 2016 across all learning goals and related objectives. Efforts were employed to maximize the quantity and quality of the assessment data by sampling a broad cross-section of sections and faculty.
- Review/Download the Matrix of Courses Assessed in the BBA-ACCT CTL 2016-17 Cycle (PDF)
The CTL committee convened in the Spring of 2018 and completed its analysis and submitted a full BBA-ACCT CTL Report in April 2018.
- The BBA in Accounting learning goals were updated in 2016-17 based on recommendations from the 2016 AACSB CIR onsite committee.
- The additional objectives were implemented and assessed in the Fall of 2017 and included in the most-current CTL analysis published in 2018.