Practitioner School Services Personnel License

The Practitioner School Services Personnel License is issued to the following candidates:

  • School Counselors
  • Speech Pathologists
  • School Psychologists
  • School Social Workers

Graduate students applying to any of the above licenses must complete the following:

  • A conferred Master's or Education Specialist degree official transcript is required prior to applying. 
  • All official transcripts at institutions where you earned college credit are required prior to applying.
  • Complete the School Service License Application
  • Confirm that all of your Praxis II test scores were sent to the University of Memphis (code: 1459) and the Tennessee Department of Education (code: 8190).
  • NOTE: School Social Worker applicants are NOT required to take a Praxis II exam. In lieu of an exam, School Social Worker applicants must submit a completion letter from Dr. Susan Elswick, Assistant Professor of Social Work.