Undergraduate Teacher Licensure

The Office of Teacher Education and Clinical Practice provides assistance for University of Memphis students seeking teaching licensure in the State of Tennessee. Please use the menu to the left of this page for instructions and information on the different licenses available. Students who wish to obtain a license from another state must contact the Department of Education for that state. Please visit U.S. Department of Education's State Contacts for a list of state by state education agencies.

For questions or concerns regarding Tennessee Teaching Licensure, please contact our Licensing and Certification Specialist, Mary Lanier or at 901-678-2377.

Undergraduate Licensure Areas offered at the University of Memphis

  • Early Childhood Education PreK-3rd Grade (License Code 467)
  • Elementary Education K-5th Grade (License Code 120)
  • Secondary Math 6th-12th Grade (License Code 125)
  • Interventionist K-8th; 6th-12th (Special Education) (License Code 144 & 145)
  • English as a Second Language PreK-12th Grade (License Code 490)
  • Music K-12th Grade, Instrumental (License 429)
  • Music K-12th Grade, Vocal (License 428)
  • Physical Education K-12th Grade (License Code 420)
  • Visual Arts Education K-12th Grade (License Code 427)