The Department of World Languages and Literatures offers undergraduate minors in
To declare a minor in a world language, contact your advisor for the process. If your major is in Arts and Sciences, you can email email@example.com to declare the minor.
Students may choose to have a single concentration in the following languages
Students may have two or three concentrations combining the following languages
More information about each program and language is available by contacting one of our advisors.
To declare the World Languages major, go to Scates Hall 107 (Dean's office of the College of Arts and Sciences) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Languages Major and Minor Requirements (Undergraduate Catalog)
- Admissions Website
What is the ABM?
The Accelerated B.A./M.A. program allows an undergraduate student to:
- Complete your B.A. degree while beginning the coursework toward your M.A. in Spanish or French.
- Earn up to 12 hours of graduate coursework that can be applied to both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- You must be an undergraduate student with a minimum 3.25 overall grade point average.
- You must be a World Languages major with a concentration in Spanish or French.
- Apply to the program in the semester preceding the one during which you would like to take the graduate courses.
- Submit a letter of intent to the chair of the Department of World Languages and Literatures (WLL), Dr. Robert Kelz, email@example.com.
- Have two reference letters submitted to Dr. Robert Kelz firstname.lastname@example.org, by WLL faculty members.
- Interview with the appropriate graduate coordinator:
- French: Dr. Denis Grele, email@example.com
- Spanish: Dr. Ivan Ortega-Santos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to the Graduate School for the ABM program in order to take graduate courses.
- To continue in the program past the B.A., apply for full admission into the Graduate School and into the M.A. in Romance Languages program
For more information, undergraduate students should contact:
- French: Dr. Will Thompson, email@example.com
- Spanish: Jennifer Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of World Languages and Literatures offers the M.A. in Romance Languages with concentrations in French and Spanish. Graduate assistantships are available to qualified students on a competitive basis.
For more information, please contact Dr. Ivan Ortega Santos (Spanish, email@example.com) or Dr. Denis Grélé (French, firstname.lastname@example.org).