About Herff College of Engineering
Welcome to the Herff College of Engineering (HCOE), a place where we can help you achieve your dreams!
Imagine a college that impacts the quality of life throughout an entire region. That is what we strive to do at the Herff College of Engineering. We impact our region and beyond in a myriad of ways such as developing new biomedical devices or saving energy by improving transportation efficiency. We also impact the individual lives of our students when we prepare them for successful and rewarding careers. These careers encompass the traditional areas of engineering and technology. However, many of our graduates go on to excel in business, law, medicine, education, and public service as well.
Since offering its first classes in 1964, Herff College has developed a reputation for excellent instruction. Over 50 dedicated faculty members with outstanding academic and professional credentials comprise the College enabling us to offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. All undergraduate programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission or the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. This is the recognized U.S. accreditor of college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology (http://www.abet.org). Accreditation ensures the quality of the education our students receive, and this is important to job placement and the ability to compete for the best engineering jobs.
As you are searching for a place to obtain an exceptional education that will prepare you for a lifetime of work bringing the fruits of technology to people, please spend some time with us, whether by visiting campus or exploring this site. You will learn about our nearly 20 degree programs and many exciting activities and services that enrich or smooth the path to an engineering degree.
Mission, Vision & Guiding Principles
- We will provide quality education, research, and service that responds to the needs and challenges of this region and nation.
- We will promote the knowledge, skills, ethics, creativity, and critical thinking necessary for professional competence and lifelong learning, including an international perspective and a social awareness.
- We will conduct quality scholarship and research across the College, and world-class research in selected areas.
We will be the College of choice for engineering students in this region.
- The success of our students will be the primary measure of our success.
- We will provide a diverse and vibrant atmosphere that encourages all students, faculty, and staff to attain their maximum potential.
- We will instill a spirit of pride, cooperation, and accountability in everything we do.
- We believe that instruction, research, scholarship, service, and outreach are mutually supportive activities.