Ph.D., Indiana State University
M.E., Indiana State University
B.A., Hendrix College
- Assessment of Cognitive Abilities and Externalizing Behaviors
- Identification of Reading, Mathematics, and Writing Aptitudes
- The Process of Professional Publication
Service to Journals
Dr. Floyd was the Editor of the Journal of School Psychology (2011-2014). Please visit the journal website for more information.
Dr. Floyd currently serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, Journal of School Psychology, School Psychology International, School Psychology Review, and Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology.
Kranzler, J. H., & Floyd, R. G. (2013). Assessing intelligence in children and adolescents: A practical guide. New York, NY: Guilford Press..
For more information visit
- Maki, K. E., Floyd, R. G., & Roberson, T. (2015). State learning disability eligibility criteria: A comprehensive review. School Psychology Quarterly. doi: 10.1037/spq0000109.
- Kranzler, J. H., Benson, N., & Floyd, R. G. (2015). Using estimated factor scores
from a bifactor analysis to examine the unique effects of the latent variables measured
by the WAIS-IV on academic achievement. Psychological Assessment. doi: /10.1037/pas0000119.
- Norfolk, P. A., Farmer, R. L., Floyd, R. G., Woods, I. L., Hawkins, H. K., & Irby,
S. M. (2015). Norm block sample sizes: A review of 17 individually administered intelligence
tests. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 33, 544-555.
- Floyd, R. G., Shands, E. I., Phillips, J., Autry, B., Mosteller, J., Alfonso, V.,
*Skinner, M., & Irby, S. M. (2015). A systematic review and evaluation of the technical
characteristics of adaptive behavior scales. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 31, 83-113.
- Hajovsky, D. B., Reynolds, M. R., Floyd, R. G., Turek, J. J., & Keith, T. Z. (2014).
A multigroup investigation of latent cognitive abilities and reading achievement relations.
School Psychology Review, 43, 385–406.
- Farmer, R. L., Floyd, R. G., Reynolds, M. R., & Kranzler, J. H. (2014). IQs are very
strong but imperfect indicators of psychometric g: Results from joint confirmatory
factor analysis. Psychology in the Schools, 51, 801–813.
- Floyd, R. G., Reynolds, M. R., Farmer, R. L., & Kranzler, J. H. (2013). Are the general
factors from different child and adolescent intelligence tests the same? Results from
a five-sample, six-test analysis. School Psychology Review, 42, 383-401.
- Taylor, C. T., Meisinger, E. B., & Floyd, R. G. (2013). Variations in directions and
overt timing on oral reading accuracy, fluency, and prosody. School Psychology Review, 42, 437-447.
- Reynolds, M. R., Floyd, R. G., & Niileksela, C. R. (2013). How well is psychometric
g indexed by global composites? Evidence from three popular intelligence tests. Psychological Assessment, 25, 1314-1321.
- Bergeron, R., & Floyd, R. G. (2013). Individual part score profiles of children with intellectual disability: A descriptive analysis across three intelligence tests. School Psychology Review, 42, 22-38.
Dr. Floyd is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association Division 16 (School Psychology) and an elected member of the Society for the Study of School Psychology.
PSYC 7803/8803 Psychoeductional Assessment I: Cognitive and Achievement Assessment
PSYC 7804/8804 Psychoeducational Assessment II: Behavioral and Emotional Assessment
PSYC 7430/8430 Clinical Assessment: Ability and Achievement
PSYC 7614/8614 Practicum in Psychoeducational Assessment
PSYC 7207/8207 Developmental Psychology
PSYC 4020 Abnormal Child Psychology
PSYC 3000 Introduction to Psychological Research
PSYC 3010 Research and Statistics
Learn more about the University of Memphis School Psychology Programs here.