Frequently Asked Questions
If I am not a faculty/staff member or student at the University of Memphis, may I have a membership at Campus Recreation Intramural Services?
Yes, you may become an individual, household, alumni or community member of the facility for a fee which includes full facility use and limited guest access.
I'm a UofM Alumnus. Can I use the Recreation Center?
Yes, you can pay a minimum donation ($50 per year) to the Alumni Association by calling 901.678-8586. A $5 fee is required per visit. Or, you may purchase an Alumni or Community membership.
How do I obtain a Membership Application to Campus Recreation Intramural Services?
Inquiries can be made by calling 901.678.3459.
Where can I park?
Monthly and daily parking passes can be purchased through the Parking Office. Free street parking is available on Spottswood Road (limited spaces). The Parking Office is located on Zach Curlin Street to the left of the parking garage. Bikes can be parked at the racks provided. For more information, call 901.678.2212.*When dropping off or picking up users, please use the adjacent parking lot.
*Bikes must be placed in bike racks and cannot be placed in facilities or on stair hand rails.
What programs are included with membership?
Why doesn't my ID work when scanned at the Recreation Center?
Reasons could include:
- Your ID is expired or you're no longer a member.
- Student fees need to be paid.
- You have a Household Membership but your child is now over 21 years old.
- You are a faculty or staff member with no membership
- Faculty/staff can use the facility without membership by paying $5 per visit with valid ID (identify your status at the entry).
- You're a part-time student (with less than 6 hrs)
- Part-time students pay $3 per visit at the Recreation Center; identify yourself as part-time at the entry. You have a University Guest ID card.
- You don't have recreation privileges.
- You are a current IEI student who has not paid the fee to activate Rec Center access privileges.
- You need to pay Activity Fees at the Bursar's Office to access the Recreation Center.
- You're a UofM faculty or staff and going to class as a UM student at the University.
- You may have dual status.Faculty/staff status has priority over student status, causing the ID to not scan correctly. Identify yourself as dual status at the entry and talk to supervisor to gain access.
How many guests may I bring?
You can only bring one guest per valid UofM ID. You must sign for them at the front entry. You are liable for their actions and must stay with them throughout your visit. You could lose recreation privilege if this rule is violated.
Do I need my ID to go to class in the Recreation Center?
Yes, the first time you forget your ID, you will be asked to sign in and be escorted to your instructor. The next time you forget your ID, a $5 will be required.
Help! I lost my ID!
Items found are kept for 24 hours, then logged in and sent to the Bursar's Office or Student Conduct, depending on the situation. If your old ID was replaced, it will no longer work if a new one is made. We confiscate duplicate IDs and all non-working IDs.