Links to University of Memphis Web Pages
This page contains links to University of Memphis web pages which are of use to current students. Related links, such as pages related to the thesis, applying for fellowships, etc. are grouped together. Some links may appear in more than one category.
To ensure that your computer displays the latest update, click on the 'Refresh' or 'Reload' button at the top of your screen.
Calendars and Deadlines
- University of Memphis Academic Calendar 2019-2020 (Office of the Registrar)
- Semester Calendars for recent and upcoming academic years (Office of the Registrar)
- University Holidays (campus closures)
- Application to University of Memphis Graduate School
- Graduate School Admissions Deadlines
- NOTE: Departmental application and financial aid deadlines may be different
- M.A. Completion Deadlines
Graduate School - Main Pages
Admission and Readmission to Graduate School at the University of Memphis and the M.A. Program in Art History
- Admissions Regulations for the Graduate School
- Apply for Graduate Admission
- Residency Information
- International Applicants (non-U.S. residents)
- Graduate Catalog entry for the Art Department, including the M.A. in Art History
(Departmental M.A. requirements for admission and course descriptions)
- Art Department web page for Master's Program in Art History
- History Department Graduate Admissions web pages for
- Readmission to the M.A. Program in Art History
Links to Financial Resources and Information
- Assistantship Information
- Application form for Graduate Assistantship in Art History (PDF)
- Applying for Federal Work-Study funding
All incoming students are strongly encouraged to apply for Federal funding. You do not have to apply for Federal loans, but do check the box for Work-Study.
- Financial Aid
- University Fee Chart and Tuition Estimator
- Graduate School Expenses
For Out-of-State and International Students
Thesis and Comprehensive Exam
Links to the on-line thesis preparation guide of the Graduate School at the University of Memphis; the model for formatting your thesis and listing of thesis deadlines; signature forms for Comprehensive Exam results, etc.
- Graduate School Thesis Preparation Guide
The Guide is revised frequently, so check this page regularly for updates.
Both paper and electronic formatting guides are given.
- M.A. Thesis Preparation Page
- Including links to deadlines, policies, lists, and forms
- Thesis/Dissertation Faculty Committee Form (PDF)
- Degree Programs Sample Pages (not exhaustive, see Thesis Preparation page for full listing)
- Thesis Title Page (PDF)
- Thesis Copyright Page (optional)
- Thesis Abstract Page
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Committee Approval Form for Electronic Thesis Submission (PDF)
- Thesis/Dissertation Defense Results Form (PDF)
- Comprehensive Exam Results Form (PDF)
- Thesis/Dissertation Checklist (Non-APA style) (PDF)
This form is prepared and signed by the Thesis Committee Chair and student before submitting the single copy of the defended and corrected thesis to the Graduate School.
- Electronic ETD Thesis Submission Process
- The final defended and corrected thesis MUST be submitted electronically
Graduating and Graduation
Information about graduation requirements, forms and deadlines.
- Graduation Information
- Apply to Graduate (this section at bottom of page)
Use the myMemphis portal (myMemphis) through the MyDegree tab. You must bring the candidacy form to the Director of Graduate Studies for approval before submitting it.
- Master's Degree Candidacy Form Instructions
Submit this form once, even if you don't graduate in the semester that you intended. List only courses that are eligible to count toward the degree.
- Commencement Information
- Cap and Gown Orders