“Honors Experiences” include opportunities that expand the standard curriculum and enhance the academic experience. Students are required to complete two Honors Experiences to graduate with an honors designation. An approved honors experience will also count as a 3-credit hour honors course.
Honors Experience Examples
Course Related Experiences
- Upper-division Departmental or College honors courses
- Upper-division UNHP courses
- Graduate level courses
- Honors independent study of at least 3 credit hours to an honors thesis
- Upper-division honors course by contract
Non-Course Related Experiences
- Study Abroad
- Must be an official credit-bearing UofM program (one-time only)
- Must be credit-bearing (one-time only)
- Undergraduate Research Project (one-time only)
Please note: Non-course related experiences can only be counted as an honors experience one time each.
Students may also petition to have counted as Honors Experiences projects and endeavors not listed above. All Honors Experiences must be approved in advanced by the departmental honors coordinator/department chair, and the Honors College Director.
Honors Experience Approval
All honors experiences must be approved, in advance, by the Honors College Director. For approval, please submit a honors experience form to the Honors College prior to start of the experience.