The Memphis Law CSO uses Symplicity, a web-based program, to facilitate on-campus interviews, job postings, resume collects, and other functions. As a Memphis Law student, you will be assigned a Symplicity account when you begin law school.
- Your user name is your UUID; your law school e-mail address excluding the "@memphis.edu."
- Your password is the same as the password to your law school webmail account.
- If you have difficulties accessing or using Symplicity, please contact us at email@example.com.
To begin using your Symplicity account, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Profile" tab in the row of choices at the top. You then will see a screen for personal information. Enter your name, address, phone number, email address, year in law school, graduation date, and geographic location preference. Select "Save" and "Continue."
- Click on the "Academic Information" tab and make sure that the "Year in School" and anticipated "Graduation Date" are correct. Enter any practice areas of interest, work authorization, current degree level and at least one geographic preference. Click "Save" and "Continue."
- Click on "Privacy" tab. Select "Yes" to receive e-mail messages from the Career Center. You will need to decide if you would like to promote your resume so that potential employers can search your resume in Symplicity. Finally, you will check "Yes" or "No" to receive text message alerts. Click "Save."
- Next, you need to upload your resume. Go to the "Documents" section of Symplicity. Click on "Add New," give the document a name, choose the document type, and then browse your computer's hard drive until the name of the resume appears in the window — click "Submit." After you have uploaded the resume, you can view it either as a PDF file or in its original format. Be sure to review the PDF file to ensure that the format has converted properly as the PDF file will be the version you will upload to send to employers through Symplicity. If you do not upload your resume, you will not be able to view job postings and bid on interviews.
- Note for First-year Students: First-year students will not be able to finalize resumes until mid-January when you will have your GPA and ranking. However, go ahead and update all other parts of your resume and add the GPA and ranking as soon as they are received. For examples, look at the resume templates in the Career Services Planning Manual that is contained in Symplicity's document library.
- Some employers will want to see a cover letter, transcript, writing sample, or list of references. You will need to create the documents requested by employers and upload them into the "Documents" section in Symplicity.
- If you need an unofficial transcript (what most employers will request), go to the
University Registrar's page. There are directions at the bottom of the page that will
allow you to access your transcript. The easiest method to upload your transcript
- Highlight your entire transcript;
- Copy the highlighted section by pressing CTRL C or access the "Copy" function from the "Edit" menu of your browser;
- Open a new Word document and paste your transcript into the blank document (press control-V or access the "Paste" function from the "Edit" menu of Word;
- "Save" the document; and
- Upload the new document that you have created from the Symplicity document tab. Be sure to select "Unofficial law school transcript" as the document type.