The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law offers an outstanding program of legal education that effectively combines a through grounding in legal doctrine and theory with the practical skills and ethics training necessary to create highly competent, practice-ready professionals.
- PreLaw magazine named Memphis Law as having the best law school facility in the nation! Click here to read more.
- Our magnificently renovated building is on the National Register of Historic Places and previously housed the former U.S. Custom House, Federal Court House, and U.S. Post Office.
- Memphis Law's downtown location puts us within walking distance from state and federal courts, numerous government offices and law firms.
- Memphis Law students completed 10,182 pro bono service hours last year.
- 150+ law students were placed in a legal externship in Memphis in 2014-2015.
- Memphis Law hosts an average of 68 conferences, professional networking receptions, and continuing legal education seminars every year in our building.
- Law students in our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) filed over 60 federal tax returns last year.
- Over 160 clients were helped in 2015 by students taking part in Memphis Law's Alternative Spring Break Program.
- From 2012-2015, 91 Memphis Law students were placed in student externships with a Federal Judge.
- 100% of our academic certificates incorporate hands-on learning through externships and legal clinics.
- Our small, first-year sections have just 60 students in each section.
- 76% of last year's class participated in an externship or legal clinic.
- Memphis Law is proud to once again be recognized as a Best Value Law School by preLaw Magazine. Click here to read more about the reasons that our law school is consistently recognized as one of the best values in legal education.
- Memphis Law graduates have exceeded the Tennessee state bar passage rate for more than 15 consecutive years.
- On average, 85% of our graduates are employed within just nine months of graduation.
- There are Memphis Law alumni practicing in 48 states across the nation.