2L/3L BOOK INFORMATION
Memphis Law has a bookstore on site where students can purchase law school books. You may also purchase books from the law school bookstore online or from an outside vendor, if you wish.
2Ls and 3Ls can find the books for their classes by searching the University of Memphis Law Bookstore website.
- Go to the law school bookstore website
- Click the "Textbooks" button at the top of the page.
- Select the correct Term you are searching for. e.g., Fall 2022.
- Then you will shop by Course. Select LAW from the Select Department drop down menu.
- The correct department (LAW) should be in the drop down menu. (If LAW does not automatically populate, please make sure you are using this link to access the University of Memphis Law Bookstore website instead of the regular University of Memphis Bookstore site. You will not be able to access your books through the main University of Memphis Bookstore site)
- Select the course number for the course you'd like to find from the drop down menu. You can locate the course number on the Course Schedule for the relevant semester under the Law Registrar Course & Class Information page. You can also find the course number by looking up your current class schedule in your MyMemphis account.
- Select the books you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Select the pickup location (in-store pickup is free)
- Select your method of payment
- BAPP is not available for online purchases. To use BAPP, you must make your purchase in the bookstore in-person and have an active Campus ID card with you to place the order. See below for more information on BAPP.See below for more information on BAPP.
- Enter your Campus ID card number
- Complete checkout
Students can use excess loan money to purchase books online or in person at the law school bookstore before federal aid is officially released via the Bookstore Advanced Payment Plan.
For Fall 2022, BAPP is ONLY available to law students from Monday, July 25, at 10:00 a.m., through Friday, August 5, at 4:30 p.m. BAPP closes exactly at 4:30 p.m. on August 5, so if you plan to use it, please do so by then. Otherwise, you will have to wait until your financial aid money is released to purchase your books using your excess financial aid money.
- You must be registered for classes.
- You must have an active Campus ID card.
- You can only use BAPP to purchase your books in the bookstore in person. You will need to present your Campus ID to be able to purchase and pick up your books using BAPP.
- Do not select any online BAPP options, as this is no longer permitted by the university.
The law school bookstore will price match if you find a book for a cheaper price elsewhere. You will need to bring documentation of the lower price in-person the bookstore within 7 days of purchase to receive a price match.