Advising FAQs

Click a question below to learn more:

How does advising work in College of Arts & Sciences?

What does it take to have a quality advising session?

How do I get Banner access?
Complete the Request for Banner access form located at the link above and submit to Holliday Ridge.

How do I email my assigned advisees?

What is “the catalog” and where do I start?

What are general education requirements?

What are the requirements for my advisees major/minor?

My student is struggling. What campus resources are out there for my advisee?

My student is getting a registration error. What does it mean?

How does my student request a permit?

My students have financial aid questions. Who should they contact?

Testing/Prior Learning Assessment

What is transfer credit?

Does this course transfer?

Can my advisee earn credit for prior learning?

Can my advisee “test out” of a world language?

What math course is my student eligible to take?

Who do I contact about general education petitions?
Contact Keri Kerr at: kerikerr@memphis.edu



Requirements to Graduate

What does my advisee need to do to apply for graduation & how do I help?


How does my advisee get credit for an internship?

How does my advisee earn graduate credit while enrolled as an undergraduate?

Can my advisee audit a class?

My advisee forgot to register for a course and it’s after regular registration, what do they do?

My student got an overload error. What do they do?
Complete overload approval form found at the link above and submit to Angelica Jacques for authorization.

My advisee experienced extreme circumstances after the drop deadline. How do they petition for a late withdrawal?
Completed late withdrawal petition and documentation for CAS majors should be sent to Ms. Rika Hudson