Speech-Language Pathology (MA): Program Goals
- Demonstrate the breadth and depth of foundational communication science, including biological, etiological, theoretical, acoustic, physiological, cognitive
and psychological bases of communication.
- Understand and demonstrate the theoretical motivation for and practical applications
of clinical reasoning for identification, assessment, and treatment of communication disorders.
- Apply research analysis into evidence-based clinical application.
- Effectively communicate discipline-related knowledge in oral and written modalities, with families, clients,
and other professionals.
- Understand and accommodate cultural or linguistic differences related to communication development or to perceptions and attitudes toward communication
disorders, differences, or intervention.
- Exhibit attributes and abilities characteristic of competent speech-language pathologists,
including accountability, integrity, adaptability, leadership, and professionalism.