Study the art, science, and practical application of recording technology.
This concentration studies the art, science, and practical application of recording technology, such as audio engineering and music production. Students will acquire skills in studio recording, mixing, live sound reinforcement and design, and in associated digital media technologies. The program stresses hands‐on experience with the software and equipment implemented in sound production for music, film, video, and interactive media with an emphasis on working collaboratively with artists, writers, and musicians.
Meet the faculty members that students study, collaborate and play with while earning their degree.
- Bachelor of Music: Recording Technology Concentration
Recording Technology applicants must complete the following steps of entry:
- Meet Program academic requirements
- Answer essay questions (in the music application)
- Submit a minimum of ONE (1) recommendation
- Attend the Music Industry Information session on an Audition Day
- must have earned a high school GPA of 2.8 or better, and two years of high school algebra with a grade of C- or better
Transfers, Nontraditional students, or Current UofM students
- must have earned a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better, and completion of prior math courses with a grade of C‐ or better
Audition Day Music Industry Information Session
Applicants will attend a Music Industry information session on their selected School of Music Audition Day. The session serves as an overview of the program, and provides applicants a chance to meet the professors, ask and answer questions, learn more about degree requirements and expectations, and meet other applicants and current students.
Although an audition does not determine entry, it is highly encouraged for those who sing or play an instrument to complete an audition at the time of application. Consult the Audition Requirements page for more information, and if you are unsure about anything, don't hesitate to contact the Music Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.