2022-23 Communities of Research Scholars (CoRS)
Call for Proposals
The University of Memphis Division of Research & Innovation is pleased to announce the 2022-23 Communities of Research Scholars (CoRS) Program.
Established in the fall of 2018, CoRS was created to cultivate interdisciplinary discourse and nurture the growth of collaborative research across the UofM. Each community is comprised of faculty representing multiple disciplines, academic units, perspectives, and research approaches with a shared interest in exploring a common research theme/topic.
The 2022-23 CoRS will continue to cultivate interdisciplinary discourse and nurture research growth. Divisional staff will also help successful faculty identify opportunities for external support for their work. Successful applications will include:
- An interdisciplinary team of faculty
- A short budget narrative
- A thematic area of inquiry that your group would like to explore
- Potential external funding opportunities, if any to your knowledge
Previously funded CoRS, as well as new applicants, are eligible.
The program will fund awards at $2,500 (for first-time awardees) and $5,000 (for second-time awardees). Groups applying for a second award should present evidence of having applied for external funding as the result of the initial CoRS funding. Projects should be completed by June 30, 2023.
- Title Page (1 page) including:
- Project Name
- Name of convener (lead PI) and research team members (including titles and clearly defined roles and responsibilities)
- Project Description including:
- Project narrative listing specific goals and objectives (no more than two pages)
- Budget narrative (half page)
- Timeline and milestones (no more than one page)
- Description of additional funding opportunities (existing funding or potential for external research grants), if any (one page)
Information Session: Join us Thursday, Sept. 22, from 1-3 p.m. in the FedEx Institute of Technology lobby and outdoor patio for an information session and panel on this call, as well as a welcome back to campus.
Winning projects will be required to submit midterm and final reports. The midterm report should reflect budget updates or anything programmatic the timeline and milestones in the initial proposal. The final report should summarize the entire project and discuss potential submission of applications for external funding.
Deadline for Submission: Friday, October 14, 2022.
For questions about the submission process, email Dr. Nichole Saulsberry-Scarboro at T.N.S@memphis.edu.