U.S. NEWS RANKS UofM LAW SPECIALTY PROGRAMS
The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law is proud to share that several of our specialty programs have been prominently ranked and recognized in the latest 2022 U.S. News & World Report (USNWR) rankings. These specialty programs include Legal Writing and our Clinical Training Program.
We are proud to see the strategic investment in our Clinical Training program continue to bear fruit, as evidenced by this new #64 ranking (up 5 spots from last year), with the recognition of the growth and expertise in our experiential learning initiatives, including the Medical-Legal Partnership, the Elder Law Clinic, the Housing Adjudication Clinic, the Mediation Clinic, and the Neighborhood Preservation Clinic. Additionally, Director of Experiential Learning and Professor Danny Schaffzin currently serves as co-immediate past-president of the Clinical Legal Education Association (CLEA), where he helps to lead the nation's largest association of law professors in its advocacy for clinical legal education as fundamental to the training of lawyers.
Experienced faculty and staff members working with each clinic are a vital part of the success of our Clinical Training program and include:
- Steve Barlow, co-director of the Neighborhood Preservation Clinic and Adjunct Professor of Law.
- Donna Harkness, Director of the Elder Law Clinic; CELA, Professor of Law.
- Sandy Love, Administrative Secretary in the Legal Clinic.
- Katy Ramsey Mason, Director of the Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic; Assistant Professor of Law.
- Alexander Bissell, Staff Attorney, Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic.
- David Romantz, Director of the Housing Adjudication Clinic; Associate Professor of Law.
- Stephen Shields, Adjunct Professor of Law for the Mediation Clinic.
- Danny Schaffzin, co-director of the Neighborhood Preservation Clinic, Director of Experiential Learning and Associate Professor of Law.
- Brigid Welsh, Neighborhood Preservation Staff Attorney
- Britney Wright, Neighborhood Preservation Clinic Legal Assistant.
The Memphis Law Legal Writing Program has been ranked #61 in the latest 2022 U.S. News & World Report rankings. This is due to the hard work of our Legal Methods program director, dedicated full-time Legal Methods faculty members, and the Writing Center director.
This is the third consecutive year that the Legal Writing Program has been ranked in the Top 75 U.S. News specialty program rankings for Legal Writing programs.
The program is currently led by professor Regina Lambert Hillman.